Push-pull driving compartment

android

Push-pull driving compartment

Postby android » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:59 pm

I'm building an ex-LSWR push-pull unit and want to put in a rudimentary interior. The question is, what would there have been in the driving compartment and how was it laid out? An internet search has produced nowt!

johnp

Re: Push-pull driving compartment

Postby johnp » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:55 pm

One of the Southern Ways ha an article about push pull and included photographs. I can't lay my hands on the copy just know but if you go to the Noodle Books web site there is an index available for the Southern Ways which might be of help.

Regards,

John

David B

Postby David B » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:59 am

Have you tried contacting the South Western Circle? http://www.lswr.org

Rod Cameron

Postby Rod Cameron » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:55 am

johnp wrote:One of the Southern Ways ha an article about push pull and included photographs. I can't lay my hands on the copy just know but if you go to the Noodle Books web site there is an index available for the Southern Ways which might be of help.

Southern Way #11 is the one you want - couple of decent photos of the inside of an ex-LBSC pull-push driving coach.
Rod

billbedford

Postby billbedford » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:39 am

android wrote:I'm building an ex-LSWR push-pull unit and want to put in a rudimentary interior. The question is, what would there have been in the driving compartment and how was it laid out? An internet search has produced nowt!

Basically it would be exactly the same as the end of an ordinary brake van, with the the seats removed and the addition of an air valve to control the regulator.

android

Postby android » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:41 pm

Thanks for your help folks - Southern Way no. 11 purchased from Mr Robertson, which contains exactly the info I was looking for (and lots more good stuff besides)!

Return to “Railmotors, Railcars and Multiple Units”