Kestrel

Hardwicke

Kestrel

Postby Hardwicke » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:47 pm

Has anyone seen a Heljan Kestrel yet?
Some shops seem to have them in.
I know RM web are talking about it.
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

Russ Elliott

Re: Kestrel

Postby Russ Elliott » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:58 pm

Yep. My local shop had them in. All gone now.

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:51 pm

I tried mine out using the new Modular LC101 handheld controller from Roger Murray.
Sweet. It is now P4 as of 2200 20/12/2009

Looking at a photo of the real thing and then the model no one seems to have noticed the sliding cab window is curved on the model to fit the body but recessed and flat on the prototype. The wipers should be silver and yes the horns are a bit poor but nothing a skillfull use of a drill can't sort. Nothing a competant modeller can't sort. If people complain that for the price it should be perfect, look at the price of
a) models abroad.
b) everything else in life.
Last edited by Hardwicke on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

Hardwicke

Kestrel

Postby Hardwicke » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:37 am

A new project.
Kestrel.
Falcon_DSC0007 small .jpg

Already re-wheeled.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:30 am

The engine room windows could also do with being a semi-opaque greyish white colour. I realised after I posted the photo that you can't see the wheels. So I lightened one shot I had and here it is. The track is a bit of K&L.
kestrel wheels.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 am

Hardwick wrote:... I realised after I posted the photo that you can't see the wheels. So I lightened one shot I had and here it is...
kestrel wheels.jpg

And more to the point, the very nice fitting out of the bufferbeam (if that is what it is termed in D&E parlance) with all of those hoses and jumper cables.

Flymo
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Return to “Diesel and Electric Locomotives”