DEMU Showcase

Hardwicke

DEMU Showcase

Postby Hardwicke » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:06 pm

I exhibited at DEMU the other week.
Dapol had these on the stand. Designed with P4 in mind.

small IMG_1368.jpg

small IMG_1369.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

Hardwicke

Re: DEMU Showcase

Postby Hardwicke » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:07 pm

also this..... class 22
small 22 IMG_1367.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:10 pm

Forge Mill Sidings had this.....

IP110611_DEMU Burton 08_DSC5386.jpg

Photo © Ian Prince

Michael Prince

craig_whilding

Postby craig_whilding » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:24 am

Actually the LMS Twin isn't designed with P4 in mind and Dave did say it probably wouldn't be very popular with them and I believe that is right. Although he thinks they wont have the banana issue Bachmann have had with their bogies after coming out of the mould this Co-Co design still features a completely rigid awd 3 axle bogie but with metal bearings cast in. The drive line should make it easier than Bachmann to spring the middle axle though while retaining 6 wheel drive but as supplied its not as tolerant as the Heljan A-1-A can be.

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:46 am

I was only repeating what Dapol said. I asked if there was enough clearance for P4 and they said "yes it had been designed with conversions in mind." I don't expect it to be fully sprung. Most modern RTR diesel bogies work quite well in P4.
Anyway it looked good.

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:00 am

I've just found a page from Dapol about the LMS Diesels and P4.

http://www.dapol.co.uk/index.php?option ... &Itemid=64

"RP25 wheel profiles with space for EM/P4 conversion"

BTW I was at Barrow Hill last weekend with the Ivatt Diesel Recreation Society. 12 inch to the foot modelling.

http://www.lms10000.org

Return to “Diesel and Electric Locomotives”