08 879 Sheffield Children's Hospital.

simonmoore

08 879 Sheffield Children's Hospital.

Postby simonmoore » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:22 pm

With the festive period well & truely behind us it is time to get back into modeling. Whilst i had some downtime over christmas i was remembering my childhood & the time's i spent with my father at Tinsley which got me thinking. Some time ago i picked up a bachmann br blue 08 shunter which i did try to Em with no success so it was placed back away in a box minus connecting rods & wheels. Although my main interest is in steam i do want to model something covering the period in which i grew up & those childhood memories spent with my father. I always remember seeing one off's at Tinsley name's & the odd livery including the Sheffield Children's Hospital liveried 08. This is a special project for me not only because it is a Tinsley loco but i spent time in the hospital as a child so it was something i wanted to do & it's a unique livery. Before i started this project i did a bit of background on the loco making sure i got the correct paint & that transfer's were available. Precision labels have covered most of the names & classes that Tinsley offered so the project was a go-er.

At the moment the body has been completely stripped the cab was a real pig of a thing to get apart without damaging but i have managed to get everything off & i primed the bosy with humbrol matt primer using a 2 to 1 ratio when thinning. Tonight i am going to give the ends a coat of yellow, it's taken a bit of thinking on how to tackle the painting process but i am happy that i am gonig the right way doing the yellow first.

Hoepfully tomorrow i shall have a few snaps of how this project is going for those who have not seen the Tinsley one off this is what i am aiming for http://www.railblue.com/pages/Class%200 ... I.198x.htm

Cheers

Simon.

Return to “Diesel and Electric Locomotives”