Branchlines Site

John Fitton

Branchlines Site

Postby John Fitton » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:05 pm

I feel like a bit of a newbie asking this, but how does one access the Branchlines website? I get access to a blog but no data on wheels etc.

Alan Turner

Re: Branchlines Site

Postby Alan Turner » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:32 pm

The Branchline web site/Blog has not been untouched since the firm was taken over. As far as I can see it is dead and quite frankly totally useless.

Why anyone in business these days does this sort of thing is totally beyond me but there we are. It's almost like they have a death wish for their business.

Alan

Rod Cameron

Postby Rod Cameron » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:33 pm

That's all the Branchlines site is - but if you scroll about half way down there is an entry that invites you to email Brian and he will send you a pdf of products or information depending on your interests.
Rod

rjh

Postby rjh » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:36 pm

Hello,

Yes, it's an odd way to prmot your products, isn't it?
I did a Find on the home page on: wheels
and eventually located:
--------------------------------------------
Friday, February 01, 2008
Catalogue PDF Files

All our Catalogues and some other useful Information Sheets are available as PDF files which we can e-mail to you. The Catalogues cover the following interest areas:

Motor, Gears and Motor Bogies (May/08) this includes all associated items such as brass bushes, shims, cardan shafts, nickel silver coach/diesel wheels,flywheels and useful data tables for all the motors and gearboxes we sell.

(snipped, there are other areas listed)
================================

You could try emailing them and ask for some/all of the PDF files.

Why don't they just link to the PDFs?

Regards, Rodney Hills

John Fitton

Postby John Fitton » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:49 pm

Hmmm. Thanks everyone. From some of the posts here they seem to have a good product, especially for diesel applications. Is there a reliable source for them, other than direct?

John

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Postby grovenor-2685 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:35 pm

I think you can order them direct from Steam Era in Australia, and possibly from Hollywood Foundry.
Steam era don't list the P4 ones on their wheelsets page although they are mentioned on the Black Beetle page and I understand that they are the makers, Branchlines being importers, Hollywood list them as part of their drive units.
Regards
Keith
(When Brian took over Branchlines we did offer him use of our small traders hosting servise on the S4 website but he didn't bother to follow up.)
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

Brinkly

Postby Brinkly » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:36 pm

grovenor-2685 wrote:(When Brian took over Branchlines we did offer him use of our small traders hosting servise on the S4 website but he didn't bother to follow up.)

What a shame Keith, such a loss of potential custom. In this day and age a decent website really is the key to successful sales.

Regards,

Nick

craig_whilding

Postby craig_whilding » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:00 am

DC Kits also now sells the Black Bettle range of wheels in P4.

Andy W

Postby Andy W » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:46 am

Their Midland coaches range is pretty good. The owner obviously isn't web friendly, but a visit to his stand at Leatherhead is worth the wait - he's a nice chap.
Make Worcestershire great again.
Build a wall along the Herefordshire border and make them pay for it.

LesGros

Postby LesGros » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:11 am

I have dealt with him successfully, by means of email and telephone, and also found him to be friendly and helpful.
However, I do agree that an up-to-date website is an asset both for vendor and potential customer.
What a pity that he did not take up the scalefour soc offer of hosting, if only to give easier access to his products and price list.
regards
LesG

The man who never made a mistake
never made anything useful

David Thorpe

Postby David Thorpe » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:11 pm

I suppose it's possible that he currently gets all the business he wants without the necessity of a website. If you're a sole trader, you don't necessarily want to get bigger (said from personal experience!)

DT

Mark Tatlow

Postby Mark Tatlow » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:22 pm

LesGros wrote:I have dealt with him successfully, by means of email and telephone, and also found him to be friendly and helpful.

Likewise.

The wheels are excellent too. The wheels of my preference in all honesty but they only do solid disks. You can get inserts from Dart Castings (http://www.dartcastings.co.uk/mjt/2202.php) to convert them to Mansells and it is possible to drill them to do three hole disks.
Mark Tatlow

Return to “Diesel and Electric Locomotives”