Fairburn's LMS 2-6-4T

bobwallison

Fairburn's LMS 2-6-4T

Postby bobwallison » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:41 pm

Evening all.
Can anyone point me to scale drawings of the above locomotive? The weight plan is included in most of the usual reference books but it's bare bones only and no help for creating a detailed model. The only reference I can find is in Leleux's book, which gives page 175 of Model Railway News for 1945, but I cannot even determine which month that is.
Any pointers much appreciated.
Bob

davebradwell

Re: Fairburn's LMS 2-6-4T

Postby davebradwell » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:52 pm

Try the NRM! The only drgs I trust are those with the engineer's signature. They'll do you an electronic copy from microfilm (the old OPC series) for £7-50 and get your own print locally. Every BR standard drg down to the pipe clips is available from microfilm.

DaveB

BryanJohnson

Postby BryanJohnson » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:33 pm

Bob,
Before I built my DJH model over 25 years ago, I went to the Lakeside railway and took detailed photographs of the 2 Fairburn's there. One loco was in steam, the other was in bits. It's pre-digital so there's about 50 b&w prints.
If you'd like to borrow these, contact me and I'll post you the album.
Bryan

bobwallison

Postby bobwallison » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:40 pm

Dave, thanks for the reminder. I'll trawl through their catalogues and see what I can find.

Bryan, I have a load of detailed photos taken from the web and in various albums, but thank you kindly for the offer.

It's curious that such a numerous and widespread class has avoided the model draughtsman's attention.

Bob

Return to “Steam Locomotives”