GWR 56xx - bits needed

andrewnummelin

GWR 56xx - bits needed

Postby andrewnummelin » Thu May 12, 2022 6:36 pm

Very many moons ago I acquired a Mainline body and a Perseverance chassis kit with the intention of creating a representation of the train that was my last trip on the Blaenavon to Newport line, it was pulled by 6656 (not the SLS farwell special but a regular run in 1961). This loco had a "polished" brass short safety valve bonnet whereas the Mainline body has a painted tall one. I've looked at various suppliers' listings but there is nothing that is defined as suiting the No 2 tapered boiler and I don't think my skills are up to making one. I'd be very grateful if someone could point me to a commercially available product.

I know I'll need to make, or source, a firebox backhead and ATC shoe, but is there anything else major that I may have missed? (I have David Maidment's book on the GW 0-6-2Ts so loads of photos plus many I took of 6697 at Didcot so I'll have few excuses if I get anything wrong.)

The train was 3 brake composites but I didn't note their numbers or whether two were close coupled as a B set. Young teenagers didn't observe such trivia!
Regards,

Andrew Nummelin

Philip Hall

Re: GWR 56xx - bits needed

Postby Philip Hall » Fri May 13, 2022 5:58 pm

Andrew,

Pm sent

Philip

Return to “Steam Locomotives”