LSWR Class F9 4-2-4T "Drummond Bug"

myoxall

LSWR Class F9 4-2-4T "Drummond Bug"

Postby myoxall » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:55 am

Pictures of the prototype seem to be in very short supply. Pictures of the inside layout, or description of the Saloon decoration, furnishings or layout, seen to be scarcer than hens eggs. Does anyone know of a publication or resource that can help?

Martin

Daddyman

Re: LSWR Class F9 4-2-4T "Drummond Bug"

Postby Daddyman » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:21 am

I was looking through some old Backtracks from the early 1990s at my dad's house a couple of weeks ago, and there was an article on it. Can't say if it had what you need, and don't know the date of the mag, but my post might set someone's memory going. I seem to remember there was stuff on the saloon.

ted.stephens

Postby ted.stephens » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:47 am

Try the South Western Circle - they have lots of Bug photos and research material. Home page http://www.lswr.org . Their next meeting is on 16th October if you are able to attend.

A good person to start with for your enquiry would be Peter Swift, drawings controller, drawings@lswr.org .

Here is a picture of the Bug made by Bernard Baker for Southwark Bridge, 4mm scale, 18.83 gauge. Photo by Phil Hall

Mr Drummonds Car 733.jpg

An overview of the Southwark Bridge Layout can be found on https://www.southwarkbridgelayout.org.uk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

myoxall

Postby myoxall » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:46 am

Thanks for both of your replies. I have sourced a copy of the Back Track Magazine, the "Bitten by the Bug" article is contained in Vol 15 page 686 onwards, Issue 12 of 2001. I have had a look at the South Western Circle on the internet and it seems a sensible place for me to start. Thanks again for your information.

Return to “Steam Locomotives”