Finney Kits

bordercollie

Finney Kits

Postby bordercollie » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:09 am

Recently I saw a advertisement for someone selling a Martin Finney Loco kit. In the ad the person stated that it was an original Finney kit and not one produced after Brassmasters took over the range. It appear to me that there is an implication that the Brassmasters Finney Kit was inferior. Is this so?

petermeyer

Re: Finney Kits

Postby petermeyer » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:28 am

I have kits from both and as far as I can tell there is no difference indeed the Brassmasters may have improved castings and the instructions are on larger paper.

DougN

Postby DougN » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:50 am

I'm building a V2 at the moment I have found the brassmasters instructions very helpful as there is photos of the castings as these are difficult to identify from the originals. I doubt there is any difference in buildability between either as the artwork and castings are from the same masters!
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

Horsetan

Postby Horsetan » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:09 am

bordercollie wrote:....an implication that the Brassmasters Finney Kit was inferior. Is this so?

All that happened was that new moulds for the castings were made to spin in a different direction, and the instructions became large(r) print. No loss of quality.
That would be an ecumenical matter.

Return to “Steam Locomotives”