A Cry for Help

Serjt-Dave

A Cry for Help

Postby Serjt-Dave » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:38 am

Whilst doing the final checks etc for my 4f inside motion before fitting it into the chassis, when the lefthand suspension link end broke. After using a few choice words and sobbing into my tea I now have to work out how to resolve this problem. Brassmasters provide a spare link but I've already used it when making up the link, and did the same thing when forming the fork to go over the expansion link.

So I was wondering if anyone out there who have built one of these kits still have their spare suspension link I can obtain off them or can anyone suggest another way to sort this.

I was thinking to soldering a 0.5 pin {wire} through the good side of the suspension link, then placing the expansion link over the pin then overlaying that with a washer and solder the washer to the pin. It would mean the suspension link would only be supported on one side but if I leave a little slack there hopefully it wouldn't be under too much stress.

Which ever way it's not going to be pretty to sort out. Here are some images of the offending item. Feel free to laugh.

A inside 7.jpg
A inside 8.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Steam Locomotives”