Class 60 caley loco?

Dgp1957

Class 60 caley loco?

Postby Dgp1957 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:36 pm

Hi I came across a box of white metal bits given to me a couple of years ago, my friend said it was s C R loco class 60.
Looking at the pics has anyone seen this loco kit before?
I have just tacked it together with superglue just now, not sure about WM soldering.
If it is a class 60 does anyone make a chassis kit suitable for the loco?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

allanferguson

Re: Class 60 caley loco?

Postby allanferguson » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:36 pm

It looks like the old GEM kit for the CR Cardean, designed to use the Hornby B12 chassis, and therefore slightly compromised on dimensions. It makes an impressive model none the less. I don't think it's available now from whoever took over the GEM moulds.

Allan F

David Thorpe

Postby David Thorpe » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:36 pm

I don't think it's a Gem Cardean - apart from anything else, that came with an 8-wheel tender.

DT

P.S. Gem kit shown here - http://www.ebay.ie/itm/OO-Gauge-GEM-Par ... 1231183339. It doesn't look to be the same as the OP has. I think DJH used to do a class 60 and suspect that that's what it is.

Dgp1957

Postby Dgp1957 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:20 am

Thanks guys, I see Alan Gibson makes frame set for a class 60 that will be a start I think.
Any ideas where I could get hold of a drawing of the loco?

David

jasp

Postby jasp » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:50 am

David

The Caledonian Railway Association locomotive drawings are currently being digitised but you may be able to get a copy of Class 60 if you contact either the Treasurer, or the Mail Order Sales Officer, link below:
http://www.crassoc.org.uk/cra/node/4
The reason I mention the Treasurer is that I believe he has the drawings just now

Jim Pairman
Exhibition Sales Officer, CRA

Julian Roberts

Postby Julian Roberts » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:43 am

I'm attempting to PM the originator of this thread but clicking on his 'name' brings the message he does not exist. :o Does anyone have any information?

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:45 am

Julian Roberts wrote:I'm attempting to PM the originator of this thread but clicking on his 'name' brings the message he does not exist. :o Does anyone have any information?

Julian,

I suspect that means that he is no longer a member of the Society. I don't know whether that may be through resignation, or passing to the Great Marshalling Yard in the Sky.

I suggest that you drop a PM or email to Steve Carter, as the Membership Secretary, with an enquiry. I'm sure that he will be able to confirm as much as he can within the limits of the personal data protection that we give to all members, past and current.

Cheers
Paul Willis
Deputy Chairman
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Return to “Steam Locomotives”