Side control springs in a WD pony truck

John Bateson

Side control springs in a WD pony truck

Postby John Bateson » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:21 pm

Having a break from my day job

Bradwell WD - issues ...
I have got the side control springs to work - after a fashionand certainly not in the way shown on the drawings, but find that the pony truck side control springs now bind on the chassis frame part 3.
Looking at the assembly from the front (Img_0275), I wonder if the top of the pont truck is supposed to be in actual contact the box Part 183 or should there be a space between them. If they are in contact, which seems to me to be the more probable, then the problem with having control springs above the pivot arm (Part 146) is worsened.
Or have I assembled this incorrectly and need to do some back-tracking?

Would some kind soul who has completed his Bradwell WD please advise?

John
John Bateson
Buckley
Flintshire
CH7 2QQ
IMG_0275.JPG
IMG_0277.JPG
IMG_0274.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jsherratt

Re: Side control springs in a WD pony truck

Postby jsherratt » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:14 am

Hello John,

I'm afraid I cannot help insofar as my Bradwell kit is so far untouched in it's box (along with all the other kits) though as I'll have more time on my hands from next month I'm hoping to make a start soon, well, at least in the next 12 months.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with this and the kit generally, and perhaps see some more photos.

In passing, I did see and ride behind the former Swedish Railways survivor for the first time on KWVR at their June Gala and it strikes me as a very fine beast, with a really good sharp exhaust.

Cheers, John

timlewis

Re: Side control springs in a WD pony truck

Postby timlewis » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:52 pm

Likewise, I'm afraid my Bradwell WD is still safely in its box (only had it about 8 years!). If you can wait a few weeks, why not ask the man himself at Scaleforum?

Return to “Steam Locomotives”