Some North Eastern & LNER Locomotive Builds

Le Corbusier

Re: Some North Eastern & LNER Locomotive Builds

Postby Le Corbusier » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:34 pm

just catching up here .... marvellous set of evocative photos .... thanks for sharing :thumb
Tim Lee

mikemeg

Postby mikemeg » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:37 pm

Le Corbusier wrote:just catching up here .... marvellous set of evocative photos .... thanks for sharing :thumb

Many thanks. Somehow, black and white photos seem to represent the days of steam much more appropriately than colour!

Here's anther gloriously evocative photo, courtesy Mick Nicholson, of a J39 held by signals in Hessle Station on the up slow line. This was the place where we spent our Saturdays and many school holiday days just watching the trains and there were so many, from so many different places.

This country station was and still is some four or five miles from Hull's centre, situated on the main line to Selby, Doncaster and all points beyond. Once it was a four track main line, with semaphore signalling, gas lighting and the assortment of buildings which North Eastern stations exhibited. A working goods yard and station staff all contributed to that timeless feel of this place.

Now, of course, the layout is rationalised to two track. The goods yard, semaphore signals and signal box are gone and the station is unmanned and sadly neglected, though still operational.

Anyway, a photo of a wet winter's day in a different time.

Cheers

Mike
Attachments
J39 Hessle.jpg

Horsetan

Postby Horsetan » Sat May 04, 2019 11:41 am

iak wrote:Ooop, better get the cash flow sorted then... :?

Kit's arrived!

Just need to sort out HL hornblocks, Ultrascales and GS sprung buffers for it.
That would be an ecumenical matter.

mikemeg

Postby mikemeg » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:17 am

I haven't posted anything to this or the signal thread for a few weeks as I have been preoccupied with producing some diagramatic instructions for the London Road Models B16/1 kit. As that job is now largely complete, then I'm now back into some building.

Before I post any pictures of the current building projects, here's a photo of some of the tank locos now around on Hessle Haven. Since this photo was taken, the tank engine fleet has increased by another two J72's, a further two J77's, an N10 and another A6 4-6-2 tank, with another T1 4-8-0 tank also in the paint shop.

As 'something completely different', some years ago, while recovering from illness, I built some aircraft models; all of WWII prototypes. So here's a picture of a Halifax; the picture simply called 'Waiting for Dusk'.

Cheers

Mike
Attachments
P1270017.JPG
P1180026.JPG

Return to “Steam Locomotives”