Easichas for Bachmann C Class

EHLR02

Easichas for Bachmann C Class

Postby EHLR02 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:46 pm

I have been working on this for a while starting it at last October's Missenden. I have now got it to a runable condition but now find it is sitting too high - about 14mm to the bottom of buffers. I have an unconverted C Class and that is sitting at the correct height. The P4 wheels measure 20.65mm compared to the OO of just under 20mm. The chassis has been made as per the instructions. Does anybody have any experience with Easichas kits and have a similar issue? It is sprung with Brassmasters hornblocks and coil springs.

Robin

Julian Roberts

Re: Easichas for Bachmann C Class

Postby Julian Roberts » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:46 am

Hi Robin

I'm just making my first chassis using this type of spring. Have a look at this and the link to the 'Clag website

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5273&p=52565&hilit=Brassmasters+spring+strength#p52565

I think the idea is to put in enough weight to compress the springs to the correct height.

I am trying something different but till I've got to the stage of testing it I haven't got any proven advice for you, though I'd have thought lots of people would have.

EHLR02

Re: Easichas for Bachmann C Class

Postby EHLR02 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:22 pm

Robert,

Thanks for the link, I will investigate further.

I have also found that with this Easichas it is best not to over tighten the fixing screws into the original Bachmann chassis block as this seems to impair free running.

Robin

Return to “Chassis and Suspensions”