PenBits class 24 - with video

barhamd

PenBits class 24 - with video

Postby barhamd » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:46 pm

For those who might not see my blog on rmweb.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/186/entry-15100-penpits-sprung-chassis-with-video/

I've uploaded a video of my Class 24 chassis to youtube

I'm very please with the kit from Penpits, the etching is excellent and even though the instructions take some reading they are definitely thorough and accurate. I've only had one 'gotcha' so far which was that the bachman class 24 has 4 bolts which hold the metal motor block onto the plastic footplate (for want of a better word). These are located exactly where the support arms from the bogie sit. On my example two of those bolts were slightly proud and I had to shorten them slightly to ensure that the new bogie didn't touch the bolt head and short out across the metal block. This was only really a problem because I had used Black Beetle wheels which are only insulated on one side.

hope you like it.

David Barham
Last edited by grovenor-2685 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected name in title - KN

mikeknowles

Re: PenBits class 24 - with video

Postby mikeknowles » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:14 am

I have a set installed under my Class 25 and very good they are too. A really well thought out kit and the accuracy of the etchings is oustanding. I've also got a set built for my Class 37, just waiting to be installed. The etched brake gear on these is a bit fiddly but looks great.
A few photos of mine under consruction.

RSCN2731.JPG

RSCN2746.JPG

RSCN2733.JPG

RSCN2735.JPG

RSCN2739.JPG

RSCN2741.JPG

RSCN2750.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Chassis and Suspensions”