CSP underframe etches for Ratio coaches

jayell

CSP underframe etches for Ratio coaches

Postby jayell » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:00 pm

I picked up a paper copy of the Agenoria/CSP catalogue at Wareham last Saturday and noticed they do an underframe kit for the Ratio GWR 4 wheel coaches. Whilst I have some Morgan w iron etches for the same coaches I wonder if these etches for the whole underframe wouldn't be a better buy, They aren't particularly cheap at £17.50 a set but the plastic underframes supplied in the Ratio kits are a bit flimsy.

Has anyone used them and if so how hard are they to put together?

John

Penrhos1920

Re: CSP underframe etches for Ratio coaches

Postby Penrhos1920 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:54 pm

I have the Mainly trains etched chassis by Iain Rice and it is pretty good. The only reservation I have is that it has rocking suspension, rather than springing.

Have you built any of the Morgan chassis? I've tried but given up; partly because the instruction cover some many variants it's difficult to work out which instruction apply, and partly because I've come to the conclusion is that it is over engineered and too complex.

jayell

Re: CSP underframe etches for Ratio coaches

Postby jayell » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:26 pm

Penrhos1920 wrote:I have the Mainly trains etched chassis by Iain Rice and it is pretty good. The only reservation I have is that it has rocking suspension, rather than springing.

Have you built any of the Morgan chassis? I've tried but given up; partly because the instruction cover some many variants it's difficult to work out which instruction apply, and partly because I've come to the conclusion is that it is over engineered and too complex.

decisions, decisions, too much at this time of night! The Mainly Trains etch looks pretty comprehesive with carriage end detailing bits as well. The CSP set is for compensation rather than springing so might be a bit more complicated to put together.

Thanks for mentioning Mainly Trains as although I have probably looked at the site before I had missed the coach underframes.

I haven't built any Morgan stuff as yet but have looked at the instructions and agree they are a bit complicated for a beginner like me.

John

Return to “Chassis and Suspensions”