Chassis for 4F

Alan Turner

Chassis for 4F

Postby Alan Turner » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:29 am

Does anyone know if the 4F chassis that Bill Bedford produces (for the Arfix/Hornby body) fits the new Bachmann model?

regards

Alan

billbedford

Re: Chassis for 4F

Postby billbedford » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:05 am

I've not seen one of the new Bachmann 4Fs so I don't know. It should be OK for height but the fixing hole may well be out.

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Postby grovenor-2685 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:27 am

I took the body off my new Bachmann 4F yesterday with the intention of checking, then could not find my BB chassis. Spent an hour rummaging for it to no avail so no doubt I will come across it by chance fairly soon when looking for something else.
What I did with the body off was try a wheelset in the splashers, they fit just but only just, and with a metal footplate any sideplay is going to give shorts. The splashers are separate plastic mouldings so it should be possible to remove splashers, open up the footplate slots a bit and refit splashers.

Does anyone know yet if the Brassmasters 3F chasis conversion will fit?
Keith
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

barrowroad

Postby barrowroad » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:17 am

I have a number of Bill Bedford 4F Chassis made up for an aborted project for use with some heavily modified Airfix/Hornby bodies.They are still on my workbench. I will have a look at the compatiblity in the next few days as I have just purchased a couple of the new Bachmann 4Fs.
I understand Brassmasters are going to produce an EasiChas for the 4F and that Ultrascale do not intend to produce a conversion kit for the Bachmann 4F because of the tender pick up arrangement - however I will be interested to see if their 3F drivers fit.

Robin

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Postby grovenor-2685 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Alan Gibson is offering the same conversion wheelset for 3F and 4F, but then his don't include the gears so there might be a difference there.
Keith
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

Return to “Chassis and Suspensions”