Perseverance chassis kits

nberrington

Perseverance chassis kits

Postby nberrington » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:53 pm

Does any know where one can find Perseverance chassis kits retail?

Regards

Neil

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Re: Perseverance chassis kits

Postby Paul Willis » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:04 am

Neil asked:
nberrington wrote:Does any know where one can find Perseverance chassis kits retail?

To be brutally honest, I doubt that you would find them _anywhere_ in stock these days...

I don't know how long they have been out of production - my guess would be maybe fifteen years - but I believe that very few still exist "in the wild".

My first thought was to check "Mainly Trains" website (http://www.mainlytrains.co.uk) and although they list Perseverance as a manufacturer, they only have a couple of coupling rod kits in their clearance section. Otherwise, if you really want to get hold of one, you could try the more traditional model shops that may still have one gathering dust in the back room. My local model shop of my yoof was Tennents of Halesowen (http://www.tennentstrainsofhalesowen.co.uk/welcome.htm) and they'd be exactly the sort of place I'm thinking of. Their shop was an absolute treasure trove :-)

What locomotive chassis are you looking for? Perhaps someone knows an equivalent modern alternative.

HTH
Paul Willis
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Postby grovenor-2685 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:02 am

As Paul says, not very likely these days, but they do turn up on the Scaleforum Bring and Buy so a 'Wanted' ad in the Sales and Wants section may get someone looking in their unbuilt kits drawer.
Regards
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

Young Fido

Postby Young Fido » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:17 pm

Am I correct in thinking Perseverence was a spin-off of Puffers of Kenton? Now moved to Pickering (I think they still exist there), could be worth trying.

Richard

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Postby grovenor-2685 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:02 pm

Yes, Puffers, their ad here, http://www.timaps.co.uk/place?pl=puffers-of-pickering does still mention the chassis kits.
They appear to have dropped their website but 'supplier txt'has an email.
Regards
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

nberrington

Postby nberrington » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:56 pm

This was one of those loaded questions - I guess I am looking for starter points for my grand scheme to convert to P4.

As per the advice of one of the members I have started with an 0-6-0 (SR class 700 - Falcon Brass), and have started work on a Perseverance chassis I have for it. It seems rather cleverly thought out. Between it and Mr Rice's book on loco chassis construction, I'm hoping to get this to run sweetly.

As the great Mr Sellers used to say: - "We will see...." (Usually with some pending catastrophe in store for poor Ned Seegoon)

NB

Horsetan

Postby Horsetan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:29 am

That would be an ecumenical matter.

Return to “Chassis and Suspensions”