Rolling Road

DaveR

Rolling Road

Postby DaveR » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:51 pm

I have been doing a search for a rolling road and would appreciate some recommendations from experienced modellers.

Many Thanks

David Rigler

John Donnelly
Web Team

Re: Rolling Road

Postby John Donnelly » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm

MarkS

Postby MarkS » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:53 pm

I second the Bachrus running stands, they are well engineered and can be easily adjusted for gauge.
I've had mine for many years.
Cheers,

Mark.
"In the end, when all is said and done, more will have been said than done..."

David Knight

Postby David Knight » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:28 am

I'll third the recommendation (can you do that?). I've used mine for HO, P4, and O. Easy to set up and reliable.

Cheers,

David

RobM

Postby RobM » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:20 am

David Knight wrote:I'll third the recommendation (can you do that?).
David

And if you can third it then I will fourth it..... :) An excellent way to run in a loco, just set it up and leave the loco running for hours.
Rob

David Thorpe

Postby David Thorpe » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:31 am

And another vote for the Bachrus product. You'll need a set of 50-series "saddles", which are the rolling component (as I don't ever see myself modelling anything with more than three driving axles I got the set of three) and a "stirrup" which basically supports the tender and non-rolling wheels, eg bogie. I got mine from Coastal DCC who, apart from offering an excellent service, were considerably cheaper than other retailers.

DT

DaveR

Postby DaveR » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:29 am

Many thanks to you all, very clear cut and good to get a large consensus. (I won't make a Brexit joke here!!)

DougN

Postby DougN » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:47 pm

I would also add the DCC concepts version can be useful. it is slightly annoying that the spacers need to be changed and they are a screw fitting but they are available. I have 3 that seem to always be P4 fitted and the other 2 are OO.... so Only having to change spacers to one or 2 at maximum!
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

Tim V

Postby Tim V » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:22 am

Need that 'like' 'agree' button.

I too have a Bachrus.
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

garethashenden

Postby garethashenden » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:17 pm

DougN wrote:I would also add the DCC concepts version can be useful. it is slightly annoying that the spacers need to be changed and they are a screw fitting but they are available. I have 3 that seem to always be P4 fitted and the other 2 are OO.... so Only having to change spacers to one or 2 at maximum!

I really don't like the DCC Concepts' version. Yes, it is adjustable, but it's really easy to strip the threads making the plastic spacer unusable. They should have put a captive nut in the spacer and used a machine screw, but instead it's something that looks like a small coarse wood screw going directly into the plastic. Tighten it just a little too much and it's all over.

Return to “Other Workshop Practice”