Recommended Files

John Bateson

Recommended Files

Postby John Bateson » Tue May 31, 2011 8:05 am

I own a set of Draper needle files which are past their best and I suspect replacing them would be a good plan.
Are there any recommendations as to a suitable replacement or should I just go for a new set of Drapers?
John
Slaving away still on GCR stuff ...
Avoiding the soaps ...
http://www.greatcentralmodels.co.uk

nigelcliffe

Re: Recommended Files

Postby nigelcliffe » Tue May 31, 2011 9:33 am

Long article on files on the 2mm Scale Association website, under the "Articles" section. Well worth a read. Bear in mind its a few years old, so you might want to slide the prices of some items up a bit !

- Nigel

Will L

Postby Will L » Tue May 31, 2011 11:20 am

nigelcliffe wrote:Long article on files on the 2mm Scale Association website, under the "Articles" section. Well worth a read. Bear in mind its a few years old, so you might want to slide the prices of some items up a bit !

- Nigel

Article is here. Says everything that needs to be said.

On the internet I note that Axmister are doing Vallorbe files for £5/6 a shot, here but the cut isn't specified. The same thing from Shesto will cost you significantly more but you can be claer as to the cut.

Will

Terry Bendall

Postby Terry Bendall » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:13 pm

I have found the needle files supplied by Eileen's Emporium to be perfectly suitable for what I need.

Terry Bendall

Philip Hall

Postby Philip Hall » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:14 pm

Derek told me at Railex that he's currently looking at new suppliers for his files.

Philip

Return to “Other Workshop Practice”