Milling work

Mike Garwood

Milling work

Postby Mike Garwood » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:07 pm

Only recently I noticed that our beloved society offer a milling service. I can't seem to find out any details of this and wondered if some good folk would point me in the right direction. I want a jig milled for the production of C10 'V's. I have the material and can supply the slot drills as well, just need to pay someone to do it for me.

TIA

Mike

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Re: Milling work

Postby grovenor-2685 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:18 pm

Wow, how many 1:10 Vees do you need? I made all 3 of mine and two 1:12s using the standard paper templates with strips stuck on to allow checking of progress with the filing and eventually hold them for soldering. I'd estimate around half an hour per Vee, less doing a batch. Takes quite a lot for a milled out jig to be cost effective.
Regards
Keith

PS. I haven't heard of this "service", Jeremy offers a profile milling service through the stores but I had assumed that was limited to thin sheet for mainframes etc. He is probably the place to start but you will probably need to call him directly.
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

Mike Garwood

Postby Mike Garwood » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:13 pm

Thanks Keith

It was Jeremy's contact details I was after. I could not find him on 'members' to send a PM to him.

Mike

dcockling

Postby dcockling » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:40 pm

Mike Garwood wrote:Thanks Keith

It was Jeremy's contact details I was after. I could not find him on 'members' to send a PM to him.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Jeremy is registered on this forum, 29th down on this page but you'll see that he hasn't logged on since October 2009, so I wouldn't expect a reply through that avenue :)

The best way for any member to find the contact details of Society officers is from the Blue Sheet, everyone should have a copy and a new edition is published annually following the AGM and distributed with the July edition of Scalefour News, but an up to date copy is always in the members' area. Additionally there's a section in 'Members Information' called 'Committee Contacts', where you'll find Jeremy as well as the rest of us.

We do get many messages from members via the 'Contact Us' link on the website, these are delivered to Rob - website etc, Paul - Marketing and general queries and me - Membership. We're happy to field these messages and pass them on where needed to other Committee members, but this link was really meant as a way for non-members to get in touch. Ideally if anyone has a query for a specific Committee member or Area Group Organizer the Blue Sheet is the place to look for how to get in touch, there are addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses for almost everyone, which is why it lives in the members' only area of the website.

All the Best
Danny

Mike Garwood

Postby Mike Garwood » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:22 am

Danny

Thanks for your help...

Mike

Return to “Other Workshop Practice”