Painting Mask

John Bateson

Painting Mask

Postby John Bateson » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:12 pm

Dräger X-plore 3300 Varnisher-Set; Half-Mask Paint Spray + A2P3

Following a recommendation from a gentleman of this parish, and with the weather warming up so that painting will be back on my to-do list soon, I have just ordered the above from Amazon (same price at Screwfix). Note that the same version is available at half the price but the catch seems to be that you have to buy the filters separately - nearly got caught there!
The old mask, which fitted badly and kept falling off (although it seemed to work) will be consigned to the recycling fairy.

This note may act as a reminder about Health and Safety.

John
Slaving away still on GCR stuff ...

RobM

Re: Painting Mask

Postby RobM » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:38 pm

Masks are always a problem with me......the beard makes for less than an air tight fit and when I breath my glasses steam up!!!!.... :evil:
I have to wait for good weather before spraying nasties and it is always outside (with the mask on....)
R

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Re: Painting Mask

Postby Paul Willis » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:35 pm

John Bateson wrote:Dräger X-plore 3300 Varnisher-Set; Half-Mask Paint Spray + A2P3

Following a recommendation from a gentleman of this parish, and with the weather warming up so that painting will be back on my to-do list soon, I have just ordered the above from Amazon (same price at Screwfix). Note that the same version is available at half the price but the catch seems to be that you have to buy the filters separately - nearly got caught there!
The old mask, which fitted badly and kept falling off (although it seemed to work) will be consigned to the recycling fairy.

I have one of those and it is absolutely excellent. You can't "taste" the paint or thinners at all when you use it. You'll be amazed at the difference when you finish spraying/cleaning up and take the mask off.

They are actually pretty comfortable to wear as well. Useful if you're sanding down doorframes/skirting boards/walls as I was kast weekend...

Just don't forget to change the filters occasionally, depending on use. I tend to change my after a big sanding session. Not on the models, I hasten to add!

Cheers
Flymo
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Return to “Painting and Weathering”