Experience with Eurostar red lotack masking tape

spencerman

Experience with Eurostar red lotack masking tape

Postby spencerman » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:47 am

Has anyone got any experience tales to tell about this product? I bought some from a well known model tool supplier (not Eileen's) and it was a total disaster. The tape arrived in late August, just about when in the south east we had some really hot days. Both the 1/4 and 3/8 inch rolls seemed to have sagged/slipped off the cardboard centre. At the time I thought no more about it, but when I first used it last week it was a disaster (for the model and my fingers!). Talk about lo-tack this was high tack and a major deposit of red goo on the model and the paws!... The tape left all the red stuff where it was not needed. In order to remove the goo I resorted to a cotton bud and iso-propanol - this removed the goo but also the paint finish, which was the "red and off white" double line on a Mark 4 Hornby inter city carriage (R408 Catering Service Car) and some of the lower part of the carriage side. I was attempting to repair a 7mm scratch which I had done with a light hand paint but needed to do a gentle wet and dry rub down.... I intended to offer this on ebay as it belongs to a friend who can no longer do that because of health reasons. It is not my modelling era.
What a dis! The supplier has had the offending articles returned. I await the response. It is now not sellable!

I would be very grateful if anyone has the right Fox transfers set (F4208), if they could send me 2 inches of the transfer, as I do not think I can airbrush this competently. I would be very happy to exchange some other artefact to compensate. It is silly to buy the set from Fox as it is not my modeling era and it makes a nonsense of trying to sell the coach because of the cost.
best regards to all
Philip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Painting and Weathering”