Clearning your air brush

Will L

Clearning your air brush

Postby Will L » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:57 pm

In between sprints round the lawn with the mower, I've spent most of Good Friday blowing paint over a a loco and three coaches. The first coat was Phoenix Precision two pack self each primer which proved unusually difficult to clean of completely. Although a little rub with cellulose thinners will fetched it off quite nicely, I was concerned that there were areas of my airbrush's anatomy which it is very hard to reach, and part of the art of air brush use is keeping the brush scrupulously clean.

Then inspiration struck - Interdental toothbrushes

And they work, they will get into all sort of places I previously struggled to ensure was really clean. Like up into the spay head (but not so far you push the tip out), and the channels in the paint cup. Buy some and try it, I think one will last me a long time, the rest of the pack may be good for your teeth too.

I can't tell you how much they cost however, as I stole one of the wife's being I'm a dental floss man mystery

Will

HowardGWR

Re: Clearning your air brush

Postby HowardGWR » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:57 pm

I asked my wife 'where are those dental brush things then'? 'I cleaned round them on the shelf so long i thought, blow i'll use them myself', she replied. They were a freebie from the dentist too. ;)

Return to “Painting and Weathering”