S4 Virtual Meeting 25th August

Moderator: Winander

Winander

S4 Virtual Meeting 25th August

Postby Winander » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:00 pm

The next meeting will be on the above date at 7:00pm.

If you want to join us send me a message at virtual@scalefour.org.
Last edited by Winander on Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Hodgson
Organiser Scalefour Virtual Group. Our meeting invitation is here.

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Re: Meeting 25th August

Postby Paul Willis » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:31 pm

Winander wrote:The next meeting will be on the above date at 7:00pm.

If you want to join us send me a message at virtual@scalefour.org.

Hi Richard,

For the benefit of members like me, who may be free at the last minute to join, what are the online meeting details?

Thanks
Paul
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Winander

Postby Winander » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:12 pm

Hello Paul,

I am reluctant to post the meeting details here as the area groups section is part of the public website. If anyone wishes for them, then I can PM them on request. I would also say that non members are welcome to join a meeting.
Richard Hodgson
Organiser Scalefour Virtual Group. Our meeting invitation is here.

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:56 am

Winander wrote:Hello Paul,

I am reluctant to post the meeting details here as the area groups section is part of the public website. If anyone wishes for them, then I can PM them on request. I would also say that non members are welcome to join a meeting.

Hi Richard,

I know - that's why a few weeks ago I posted this: https://www.scalefour.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7608&p=85502#p85502

It's a way of doing things that is inclusive rather than exclusionary, and enable Society members to "drop in". It's what other societies do.

Cheers,
Paul
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

andrewnummelin

Re: S4 Virtual Meeting 25th August

Postby andrewnummelin » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:58 pm

Apologies that I will not be able to participate as we have visitors.

Picking up an item from our last meeting https://www.scalefour.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=161&t=7609#p85595, DCC Concepts told me that I was the first person who had reported problems of electrical resistance in their rolling roads, and suggested I try a contact cleaner followed by some electrolube. This helped but did not fully resolve the problems. I'll post a specific query on this in another part of the Forum.
The other bit of resistance mentioned last time (rust in gearbox bearings) has been cured by a combination of penetrating oil, very fine emery paper and brute force! Once I've worked out how to arrange pickups (well tanks get in the way of simple arrangements) there'll come a test of seeing whether I've used degreaser well enough to get Loctite to secure the gear wheel.

Interludes between gardening have been filled by starting work on chassis for a couple of coaches with rather different suspensions - both types will be a first for me.
DSC04989.JPG

The one will, in some ways, be a test bed for another coach that's a bit of a cross between the two: more of that in a couple of months time...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,

Andrew Nummelin

Return to “Virtual Group”