Oxfordshire & West Berks (OWBAG) Meeting Tues 14th June

Moderator: gavin

ianpenberth

Oxfordshire & West Berks (OWBAG) Meeting Tues 14th June

Postby ianpenberth » Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:57 pm

Our second meeting, once again at The Plough Inn, High Street, Long Wittenham, OX14 4QB, on Tuesday 14th June from 19:30 onwards.

We will have the Dining Room to ourselves, booked from 19:30 - 21:30. The pub will be open beforehand and serving meals and the usual refreshments. I suggest you contact the pub directly to let them know you're coming if you intend to eat - 01865 407738.

All welcome, whether local or just passing through. Please feel free to bring along something you have built or are working on.
Ian
PenBits Model Railways - Diesel bogie springing and detailing

EHLR02

Re: Oxfordshire & West Berks (OWBAG) Meeting Tues 14th June

Postby EHLR02 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:25 pm

Sorry I am not going to make it tonight.

Robin

Daddyman

Postby Daddyman » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:55 am

Thanks for organising last night's meeting, Ian.

Re the question on the colour of LNER brake van interiors, the book I referred to is by Ian Sadler, North Eastern Brake Vans, states that in NER days the interiors were painted "stone colour". Whether that continued into LNER days I don't know - it may have depended on which works built a particular van. Perhaps someone else knows?

ianpenberth

Postby ianpenberth » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:24 am

A pleasure, David. And the family who run the pub really appreciate the business too.

A good turnout again with eight of us present and some illuminating discussion:
Martin demonstrated his 'Burford' couplings and talked about the latest developments with them,
Andrew had done some interesting experiments with magnetic couplings and presented his High Level Neilson for an impromptu chassis clinic,
Rob works more in ScaleSeven these days but brought along a couple of venerable 4mm locos for old times sake,
David L brought along some 3D loco prints and answered questions about 3D CAD and his plans to realise his renderings of High Wycombe as a physical model,
David A showed some wonderful work in progress on a NER clerestory coach and his scratchbuilt NBR Pug,
Ian showed a couple of completed sprung diesel bogies.

Our next meeting should be at the Plough again on Tuesday July 12th.
Ian
PenBits Model Railways - Diesel bogie springing and detailing

Return to “Oxfordshire and West Berkshire AG (OWBAG)”