Oxfordshire/West Berks OWBAG Meeting 10th May, 2022

Moderator: gavin

ianpenberth

Oxfordshire/West Berks OWBAG Meeting 10th May, 2022

Postby ianpenberth » Sat May 07, 2022 3:07 pm

An inaugural group meeting at The Plough Inn, High Street, Long Wittenham, OX14 4QB, on Tuesday 10th May from 19:30 onwards. All welcome, whether local or just passing through.

We will have the Dining Room to ourselves, booked from 19:30 - 21:30. The pub will be open beforehand and serving meals and the usual refreshments. I suggest you contact the pub directly to let them know you're coming if you intend to eat - 01865 407738.

OWBAG was formed in February 2020, just in time for the pandemic. Now that situation is easing, we hope we can take the opportunity to move the group forward.

Prior to that a few S4 modellers in the area had been meeting in each others' homes for operating sessions, working parties or just a general chat. We hope to get back to those eventually but, for now, we feel that a meeting room scenario is more appropriate.
Ian
PenBits Model Railways - Diesel bogie springing and detailing

Daddyman

Re: Oxfordshire/West Berks OWBAG Meeting 10th May, 2022

Postby Daddyman » Tue May 10, 2022 6:23 am

Anyone need a lift to this? I'll be going from Marston and can make reasonable detours.

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Tue May 10, 2022 9:47 pm

I hope that this evening's meeting went well.

I wondered why the Plough Inn name seemed familiar, then the penny dropped. It's the "local" for Pendon. I'll be there on Saturday lunchtime for the book launch of the revised biography of Roye England.

I hope that you haven't drunk all the beer!
Cheers
Paul
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

ianpenberth

Postby ianpenberth » Fri May 13, 2022 11:06 am

Thank you, Paul. You're ok, we didn't drink all the beer. I will be along too on Saturday afternoon and, as the pub is between our house and the venue, might well be tempted to drop in on the way.

We had a good turnout of ten members on Tuesday evening, with another four expressing interest but unable to make it on the night.

We decided we'd all like to do it again, keeping the same meeting format and making it monthly for the time being, with members encouraged to bring along their models to 'show and tell' (a good impetus for some of us to actually do something for a change?). :thumb to Daddyman for being the only one to step up on this occasion.

Our next meeting then is scheduled for Tuesday 14th June, 19:30 at The Plough in Long Wittenham, and all again will be welcome.
Ian
PenBits Model Railways - Diesel bogie springing and detailing

Steve Carter

Postby Steve Carter » Fri May 13, 2022 12:29 pm

ianpenberth wrote:Thank you, Paul. You're ok, we didn't drink all the beer. I will be along too on Saturday afternoon and, as the pub is between our house and the venue, might well be tempted to drop in on the way.

We had a good turnout of ten members on Tuesday evening, with another four expressing interest but unable to make it on the night.

We decided we'd all like to do it again, keeping the same meeting format and making it monthly for the time being, with members encouraged to bring along their models to 'show and tell' (a good impetus for some of us to actually do something for a change?). :thumb to Daddyman for being the only one to step up on this occasion.

Our next meeting then is scheduled for Tuesday 14th June, 19:30 at The Plough in Long Wittenham, and all again will be welcome.

Very pleased that it went well Ian :thumb

"From small acorns mighty oaks grow"

Steve
Steve Carter

Return to “Oxfordshire and West Berkshire AG (OWBAG)”