Wizard Models

Major Clanger

Wizard Models

Postby Major Clanger » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:51 am

I am here all day to answer any questions about Wizard Models products. No fancy technology such as Zoom though...

DougN

Re: Wizard Models

Postby DougN » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:59 am

Andrew Just like to say how much I have been enjoying building some of the kits you produce!

I am interested in some of the RDEB LNER carriages that you have listed. I am just unsure what else I need to purchase to go with them. Is this a possible upgrade for your website to list the other things with links to add them?

I am in Australia so the idea of getting the kit then figuring out what else is needed and then placing another order makes building a model a long time due to the 3 to 5 weeks airmail we have to endure! ;)
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

Major Clanger

Postby Major Clanger » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:19 am

Doug,

I intend packing the RDEB kits in the same modular way as the Comet carriage kits, either as a pair of sides (with a list on the product's web page with all the other packs needed to complete such as underframe, bogies, end castings etc) or as a complete kit (except for wheels and the usual minor parts). I have started on this in that the RDEB carriage ends are now available separately, as are the underframes. If there is a coach you are particularly interested in, let me know and that can be the first one to be done this way.

DougN

Postby DougN » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:25 am

Will do. I (for some unknown reason :o ) have become interested in a "Flying Scotsman" set so have been researching some of the coach types and I think some of the RDEB kits would be appropriate. I am part way through a could of V2's so a nice representative set to go with them and then the other finney kits(A1/A3/ A4) I have collected would be quite nice... Thank goodness I am no where near retirement... it will take me that long to build my way things I am interested in!
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

Neil Smith

Postby Neil Smith » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:34 am

Hi Andrew,

Great to have you on here today - which allows me to easily ask this question please?!

I have been checking into the Wizard website since March or slightly earlier, hoping that your sprung MR buffers are back in stock. I did wonder if this was down to lockdown but I still haven't found them being listed as available. (This is for either the 13 or 16 inch - MRC045 or MRC045A - preference would be the 13".)

What are the prospects for these coming back into stock please?

Best wishes

Neil

Major Clanger

Postby Major Clanger » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:20 am

Neil,

Turning suppliers just aren't supplying at present. I went to see a new supplier yesterday, but if they want to do the work it will still take them time to set up. One problem is that drawings are not available for most of the buffer components I need, so samples have to be handed over, and the samples themselves are running out. I have found a new supplier of buffer springs and 20,000 of those are now sitting here, so at least they won't be a problem any more.

Neil Smith

Postby Neil Smith » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:41 am

Thank you Andrew - that sounds hopeful! Fingers crossed at some point, then....!

Best wishes

Neil

Return to “Traders”