Lineside Allotments

Outside the fence.
TEZBEDZ

Lineside Allotments

Postby TEZBEDZ » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:54 pm

I have had some fun over the last two weeks, building and planting three allotments on my model of Llanfyllin. I have no photographs of this area to be modelled and only know that allotment were situated in this location from an old OS Map. So my imagination has been fairly free to roam.

I have 3 allotments with assorted vegetables, potatoes, onions runner beans and assorted rows of smaller veg. I have also modelled a cold frame, a shed, some rhubarb and an anorexic Pavarotti look alike scarecrow. (made from a brass tube crucifix, tissue paper clothing and a milliput head & hat).

Whilst chopping rice grains for onions, I thought a whole rice grain would make a good marrow, so I have marrows, but, now need to make a marrow plant, (big green leaves)

It has been a fun break from trying to copy actual buildings from photos and hopefully will look good once the scenery in front of it is completes
Regards

Terry

Tim V

Re: Lineside Allotments

Postby Tim V » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:56 pm

And why not have some fun....

I would comment that make sure the plants you model would all be there at the same time.

On my model gardens, I chose early May, made them a lot easier to model...
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

TEZBEDZ

Postby TEZBEDZ » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:21 pm

Apart from the runner beans, Rhubarb and Marrows (if I model them) oh and possibly the spuds, they are all pretty generic.
Regards

Terry

Tim Hale

Postby Tim Hale » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:42 pm

and

And use some appropriate fencing for the period - corrugated seemed to be favourite in the 50's.

Tim

Return to “Other Buildings and Scenery”