The Virtual Scalefour Society Stand

David Thorpe

Re: The Virtual Scalefour Society Stand

Postby David Thorpe » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:21 am

DougN wrote:Oh didnt realise we needed to wear badges... we have to wear masks every where....

Ooooh, I forgot my mask! I've got a Forfar Athletic one - think I'll wear that - I suspect it'll be the only such one at the show!
How about a Society mask?!

mike

Postby mike » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:28 am

And here's a rare event. Mr Secretary Ainsworth actually posting something on the forum. I'll give everyone five minutes to get over the shock. After that you're welcome to fire questions at us. We promise to provide an answer - or find a Man Who Can...

Mike

David Thorpe

Postby David Thorpe » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:31 am

And I'm on too. Decided to postpone lunch until afterwards. I suppose at Wakefield I'd be drifting into the refectory to see what the Crocodile Sisters were offering....
Last edited by David Thorpe on Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tony W

Postby Tony W » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:31 am

Still got the washing blowing in the wind in Manchester!!

Tim V

Postby Tim V » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:32 am

Cue for a song

The answer is blowing in the wind
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

dclift

Postby dclift » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:38 am

Pitch black outside and dead quiet thanks to the curfew. No trams passing our door either thanks to road works further down the line. Our Melbourne meeting went on longer than anticipated so dinner was a bit rushed but the catering was up to the usual high standard. Thanks to the need to get to Scaleforum I was excused from helping with the cleanup. It was great to see several visitors from the U.K. and from Sydney, thanks for joining us.
David Clift.

Steve Carter

Postby Steve Carter » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:43 am

dclift wrote:Pitch black outside and dead quiet thanks to the curfew. No trams passing our door either thanks to road works further down the line. Our Melbourne meeting went on longer than anticipated so dinner was a bit rushed but the catering was up to the usual high standard. Thanks to the need to get to Scaleforum I was excused from helping with the cleanup. It was great to see several visitors from the U.K. and from Sydney, thanks for joining us.

Thanks for letting us join you :thumb
Take care and stay safe.
Steve
Steve Carter

David Thorpe

Postby David Thorpe » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:45 am

Nice to see you, David - hope you're keeping well. Meanwhile, Mike's waiting for someone to ask him a difficult question.

Lord Colnago

Postby Lord Colnago » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:52 am

It has bucketed down here in Norfolk for two days and nights and caused all sorts of problems with water ingress and a locked out central heating boiler, so if we had been at Aylesbury, I would have had to return home. The virtual show has been a welcome distraction, even if I am sat here with a coat on! Without it, the show not the coat, I would have missed out so a big thanks to all involved in putting it together.

John.
The second best priest

dclift

Postby dclift » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:55 am

David Thorpe wrote:Nice to see you, David - hope you're keeping well. Meanwhile, Mike's waiting for someone to ask him a difficult question.

Hello David, good to see you too, albeit virtually. Greetings to Mike; I'm trying to think of a dificult question but to no avail.

John, it has been bucketing down here on and off all day, and our hot water system shut down this afternoon, but I seem to heve resurrected it. Happily I wasn't under the shower at the time. I hope that you can get your problems sorted quickly.
David Clift.

David Thorpe

Postby David Thorpe » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:57 am

There are some pictures on RMWeb about damage caused by the awful weather in Norfolk over the last couple of days. Up here in Angus we've been lucky with the weather and just now the sun is shining and there's no rain - but we do have a chilling north wind.

Craig Warton

Postby Craig Warton » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:59 am

dclift wrote:Pitch black outside and dead quiet thanks to the curfew. No trams passing our door either thanks to road works further down the line. Our Melbourne meeting went on longer than anticipated so dinner was a bit rushed but the catering was up to the usual high standard. Thanks to the need to get to Scaleforum I was excused from helping with the cleanup. It was great to see several visitors from the U.K. and from Sydney, thanks for joining us.

Thank you for arranging this David, I had a very enjoyable time, we must do it again. I will organise photos of what I am doing next time! Thank you to the UK contingent for taking the time to join in. It was great to talk to some names and good to finally meet David B after quite a few years of exchanging emails.

My thanks to all who have made all of this happen, it really is good. No complaints about back packs yet ..

Regards,

Craig W

Wizard of the Moor

Postby Wizard of the Moor » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:01 pm

Just saying Hello, as I'll be hanging about on the stand for the next 30 mins or so, then back again at 16.00.

Hope everyone's enjoying the day so far :D
James Dickie

My workbench

mike

Postby mike » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:04 pm

...and I'm signing off for the time being (actually, off for a lie down after the effort of making two whole posts in one morning...) But back at 1500 in case David or anyone else has thought of any suitably taxing questions !

Mike

Venturer

Postby Venturer » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:07 pm

"Not the usual methods" also here.
Please ask questions while enoying the day.

Bernie

I'll try again. Didn't seem to post the first time.
Nihil sine labore - school motto
The more I practice, the luckier I get - Gary Player et al

James Moorhouse

Postby James Moorhouse » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:20 pm

mike wrote:But back at 1500 in case David or anyone else has thought of any suitably taxing questions ! Mike

Was that Mike Ainsworth using the 24-hour clock; a momentary lapse, or has reason finally prevailed?

Welcome to the Forum, Mike!

Venturer

Postby Venturer » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:21 pm

I haven't been completely inactive in recent times. Industrial conversions continue, with 3D printed bodies, a useful addition to the repertoire.
20200813-LRM_20200813_164716.jpg
20200813-LRM_20200813_163657.jpg

Both of these, not yet finished, from Hardy's Hobbies, who also do excellent figures.
I intend to try the Avonside from railwaymania.net

Bernie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:35 pm

Now taking over on the stand for the next 30 minutes.

Terry Bendall

Tim V

Postby Tim V » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:35 pm

Basis for an article there Bernie!
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

Venturer

Postby Venturer » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:41 pm

Oww! My arm hurts..... :thumb

dclift

Postby dclift » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:45 pm

Hello Terry and Paul, I'm just dropping by from pitch black Melbourne to say Hello. I am really enjoying this year's show, but it has been a long day. Maybe I shall see you both face to face next year. Cheers.
David Clift.

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:47 pm

dclift wrote:Hello Terry and Paul, I'm just dropping by from pitch black Melbourne to say Hello

And hallo to you too David. Hopefully we can all meet up next year.

Terry Bendall

NorthHighlander

Postby NorthHighlander » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:54 pm

I haven't had 'er indoors complaining about how much I'm spending... also I don't need a huge carrier bag to transport across the car park.

Steve Carter

Postby Steve Carter » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:04 pm

Mem Sec's back.

Hope you are all enjoying this wonderful feast that has been put on for us?
Very informative and inspiring. Thank you to all those involved.

Like what you have seen? Then why not join us, have a look at https://www.scaleforum.org/membership/ and don't forget to check out the special Membership + P4 Starter Pack 'Combo Deal' that is only available today during the live Virtual Scaleforum.

Steve
Steve Carter

Postby 45609 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:05 pm

Hi chaps,

Not sure if this is the right place to raise this but I was just having a browse through the Showcase photos. Lots of excellent models to view. However, I did notice that some of the write ups, which are very welcome, are detracting somewhat from the image of the model. Screenshot example below. Can anything be done about this?

Cheers...Morgan

2020-09-26 14_02_58-Showcase – Virtual Scaleforum.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Society Stand and Stores”