Lewes

Rod Cameron

Lewes

Postby Rod Cameron » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:50 am

I notice there's no track plan in my presentation, so here's one

Lewes templot copy.jpg

Also, since I sent off the presentation I have acquired a proper station plan which is invaluable for infrastructure and platform furniture. I had it photo- enlarged to 4mm scale so it can be used for final alignments of the platform tracks.

IMG_4490.JPG

There is more background text in the current Scalefour News, but of course you knew that ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rod

NorthHighlander

Re: Lewes

Postby NorthHighlander » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:01 pm

Excellent choice for a layout!
Will you be featuring the flooding that regularly hounded the London platforms? :)

NorthHighlander

Postby NorthHighlander » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:05 pm

Here are some photos I took at Lewes in 1975 on my way to Hastings
3.tif
2.tif
1.tif

These photos taken on the down London platform.
Tony Hagon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rod Cameron

Postby Rod Cameron » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:31 pm

Thanks Tony, and, erm, no!

lewes_floods_1960_railway_station.jpg
Rod

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:52 pm

And of course, when it is finished we can hire a hall at the NEC and set up Lewis and then connect Plumpton Green, Pulborough, Ferring, Eridge and Elcot Road. There will of course have to be a little bit of modellers licence with the trains that are run!! :D :D :D

Terry Bendall

dcockling

Postby dcockling » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:15 pm

Terry Bendall wrote:And of course, when it is finished we can hire a hall at the NEC and set up Lewis and then connect Plumpton Green, Pulborough, Ferring, Eridge and Elcot Road. There will of course have to be a little bit of modellers licence with the trains that are run!! :D :D :D

Terry Bendall

Can't wait Terry. it would be amazing.

Danny

NorthHighlander

Postby NorthHighlander » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:21 pm

Hey Terry! Worrabart my Brighton layout?? Can't that join in?
The MPD trackwork is now complete, the turntable finished (took ages to find out which one it was) and now about to fit point drives.
Phase 2 will be the station, ready about 2145 (the year, not the time!)

Hope you are enjoying the show!

Tony Hagon
IMG_3391.JPG

IMG_2479.JPG

IMG_2478.JPG

Rod Cameron

Postby Rod Cameron » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:26 pm

dcockling wrote:
Terry Bendall wrote:And of course, when it is finished we can hire a hall at the NEC and set up Lewis and then connect Plumpton Green, Pulborough, Ferring, Eridge and Elcot Road. There will of course have to be a little bit of modellers licence with the trains that are run!! :D :D :D

Terry Bendall

Can't wait Terry. it would be amazing.

Danny

Some of those will need DCC'ing first. Mind you we could all be on radio control by then.
Rod

NorthHighlander

Postby NorthHighlander » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:24 pm

I hope so, Rod! Although we didn't get any comments on the Protocab trader page, which must tell us something!
Tony Hagon
Director, Acc+Ess Ltd

Chris Mitton

Postby Chris Mitton » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:06 pm

Terry Bendall

Great idea Terry - presumably one of the connections crosses Balcombe Viaduct?

To maintain balance, and cater for other interests, we ought to have Drighlington, Halifax King Cross and Dewsbury GN at the other end of the hall, maybe with a line down the side of the hall so that Steve's Bradford express can run into Bob How's Kings Cross. I'll have a word with my friends in the Warley club to see if they'll bankroll it by putting a few dozen "popular" layouts and a couple of hundred traders in the middle. Mind you, with Sutton Coldfield and Sandwell both in lockdown I suspect it'll be a while before that conversation can happen :evil: .

In the meantime we've still got all these videos to drool over. Thanks Danny.

Regards
Chris

Rod Cameron

Postby Rod Cameron » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:18 pm

Chris Mitton wrote:To maintain balance, and cater for other interests, we ought to have Drighlington, Halifax King Cross and Dewsbury GN at the other end of the hall, maybe with a line down the side of the hall so that Steve's Bradford express can run into Bob How's Kings Cross. I'll have a word with my friends in the Warley club to see if they'll bankroll it by putting a few dozen "popular" layouts and a couple of hundred traders in the middle.
Chris

Chris, now you're just being silly :o
Rod

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:27 am

Chris Mitton wrote:Great idea Terry - presumably one of the connections crosses Balcombe Viaduct?

Yes it would. Apologies to Rod and John but I forgot about Balcombe which I wrote the post :o (have smack on wrist)

NorthHighlander wrote: Worrabart my Brighton layout?? Can't that join in?

No reason why not Tony

NorthHighlander wrote:ready about 2145
. That should give Rod long enough to finish Lewes. :D

Terry Bendall

Rod Cameron

Postby Rod Cameron » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:18 am

Tony, I didn't know you were doing Brighton until yesterday. Can you share some more details (scope of layout, schedule, time period)?
Rod

Rod Cameron

Postby Rod Cameron » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:20 pm

Lewes is/was famous for its forest of semaphores. One of our DRAG members, Adrian Musgrave, has kindly volunteered to build them. One of the demos, not commented on as far as I am aware, explains how he is going about it.

https://www.scaleforum.org/demonstrator ... e-signals/
Rod

Return to “Demonstrations and Talks”