Resistance soldering

dclift

Re: Resistance soldering

Postby dclift » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:13 am

Thank you David for an inspiring presentation. Like Doug, I have a Blue Rink (G.W. enthusiasts might have no trouble in working out what this is an anagram of.) which I use from time to time, but, after watching your presentation it will get a lot more use. I learned so many useful tips that I am very keen to try out, so maybe you have done the Melbourne group a disservice as it will distract me from track laying for the next week or two. It was great that you were able to join our pre-Scaleforum Zoom meeting and we look forward to seeing you at our next one which I hope we can organise some time in November.

Doug still has the ceramic tipped tweezers that he ordered for me before the Melbourne lockdown, but collecting them from him is a problem so I might have to suffer warm fingers for a little longer. I think that I might still have a couple of spare syringes that I can give you, Doug, but who knows when.
David Clift.

DaveHarris

Postby DaveHarris » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:20 pm

David,

Having just watched your instructional video I must complement you on a very good production. I have been debating the investment, but I am a guy who likes to see things working before i try myself (coward, i know!). It has certainly given me the encouragement to get an RSU and have a go!
Many thanks for your time and effort in producing the video!

Stephan.wintner

Postby Stephan.wintner » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:14 am

Highpeak wrote:I've used an RSU (an American Beauty model) for a number of years with some success but have never been entirely happy with it. Your video was excellent and has given me a lot of useful ideas to improve my use of it.

I can only second the suggestion that you tackle other subjects because your presentation skills are excellent.

I would also like to express my thanks to all who made this possible. Even if Scaleforum had been held in the traditional way, reaching it from the US would have been extremely difficult, so this effort was much appreciated.

As another north american, let me second all that, especially the virtual nature. Really useful video, and I'll definitely cobble up a ground plate for myself.
Stephan

Return to “Demonstrations and Talks”