Eridge

Rod Cameron

Eridge

Postby Rod Cameron » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:51 am

Hi guys, just watched the first few explanatory minutes of the video, all looking good! Only 5 wires between each board? My head hurts!

Will catch up with the rest of the video later.
Rod

Mark-Leigh

Re: Eridge

Postby Mark-Leigh » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:05 am

Thanks for popping in Rod :thumb

Hope you have a fantastic day

The 5 wires is only for the ancillary items such as signals, turnouts, signal control panel, route control and sequence control panels.
The DCC still crosses the board seperately from the new canbus

Mark

MickMoignard

Postby MickMoignard » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:13 am

I used to have an ON30 show layout wich had only 3 wires between the boards. Two clip leads for DCC track power and one Loconet cable, and that latter didn't touch every board....

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Postby grovenor-2685 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:26 am

I thought I heard 6 wires, which I would take to be 2 DCC and 4 CANBUS. Did I hear that you are developing a CANBUS system? I use the MERG CBUS which is a fully developed CANBUS system all available as kits.
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

Mark-Leigh

Postby Mark-Leigh » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:34 am

Hi

No DCC track Canbus is seperate from the control panel canbus . The Track Canbus is already installed

The Control panel Canbus will be a standard 2 wire design
The others will be power, 5 v and 12 volt and 1 common earth.

So hopefully 5

I have already programmed some of the functions using Arduinos so it was a natural progreesion to develop a custom CANBUS to control all the ancillaries.

Mark

pete_mcfarlane

Postby pete_mcfarlane » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:22 pm

I think the Mk1 version of this was at the first Scaleforum I visited, in Leatherhead about 20 years ago. Eridge is a lovely little station, especially now it has steam trains again.

One question - the Malachite green J tank is rather nice. Is it built from the ACE kit?

FCA

Postby FCA » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:29 pm

The J is one of Mr Secretary's fine models. I'm not sure but I don't think it's from ACE.

Richard

mike

Postby mike » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:08 pm

Glad you liked the J. It is the ACE kit, though it needed some extra work, especially around the cab roof and (if I remember rightly - it was built quite a long time ago !) the valve gear. But that's partly my own fault - I could have built the one with inside valve gear but inevitably decided in the end to do the one with outside Walschaerts.

Mike

dcockling

Postby dcockling » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:17 pm

mike wrote:Glad you liked the J. It is the ACE kit, though it needed some extra work, especially around the cab roof and (if I remember rightly - it was built quite a long time ago !) the valve gear. But that's partly my own fault - I could have built the one with inside valve gear but inevitably decided in the end to do the one with outside Walschaerts.

Mike

Welcome to the forum Mike 8-)

As you well know your J is probably my favourite loco model. Nice to see it in action on Eridge.

All the Best
Danny

PS I hope posting on the forum didn't hurt too much.

Rod Cameron

Postby Rod Cameron » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:19 pm

mike wrote:I could have built the one with inside valve gear but inevitably decided in the end to do the one with outside Walschaerts.

Mike

Mike graciously left me to do the other one - one day.
Rod

iak

Postby iak » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:36 pm

Impressive and inspiring.
To think that you have built this post gremlins and misfortune with Mk1.
A very nice beastie gentleman. :thumb
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest
enemy of truth....
Albert Einstein

Perfection is impossible.
But I may choose to serve perfection....
Robert Fripp

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PadgateWorks/

mike

Postby mike » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:06 pm

Thanks - glad you enjoyed it. And having just installed some more workbench space in the clubroom, we're running out of excuses for not getting it finished !

Mike

David Dornom

Postby David Dornom » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:10 pm

What a day, of watching the trains go by. Thanks to everyone concerned with all the contant of today's virtual scaleforum. The inspiring layouts,and most useful demonstartions have made a great day. David Dornom

Mark-Leigh

Postby Mark-Leigh » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:47 pm

David

Thanks for taking the time to post. We are glad you enjoyed it.
It has been quite enlightening to KAG producing the video and has given us a much needed kick up the preverbial
Hopefully you may seee it on the circuit in the next 10 years :o

Mark

pete_mcfarlane

Postby pete_mcfarlane » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:09 pm

mike wrote:Glad you liked the J. It is the ACE kit, though it needed some extra work, especially around the cab roof and (if I remember rightly - it was built quite a long time ago !) the valve gear. But that's partly my own fault - I could have built the one with inside valve gear but inevitably decided in the end to do the one with outside Walschaerts.

Mike

Thanks. I've often fancied one of the Js, so I might brave the ACE kit.

Return to “Layouts”