Goods Warehouses

Inside the fence.
smyles

Goods Warehouses

Postby smyles » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:23 pm

I would like to model a pre-grouping Goods Warehouse. Please can anyone suggest where I can find drawings/photos of goods warehouses. Any company will do but I prefer LMS constituents (esp Midland) or GER. I am sure I read an article in a modelling magazine years ago about a MR Goods warehouse somebody modelled. May have been in a Railway Modeller.
Thanks,
Mike

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Re: Goods Warehouses

Postby grovenor-2685 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:05 pm

There are plenty of photos in Bob Essery's 'Midland Record'. You will find a contents list at their website, linked fom the Scalefour Links page or direct http://www.midlandrecord.com/
Regards
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

Andy C

Re: Goods Warehouses

Postby Andy C » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:43 pm

IMG_3348.JPG

I make no excuse for posting this other than to illustrate just how good LMS constituent warehouses are: This is New Hey, built 1912 by the L and Y - the plans came from the NRO at Kew but I beleive the Greater manchester County records office has the same set - along with countless others (the l and Y soc have deposited their records there as well) There is a list online so if you google them you can browse from your armchair!

Apologies for the missing .63 mm from the track ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Railway Buildings”