Sheffield Bridgehouses

Inside the fence.
Hardwicke

Sheffield Bridgehouses

Postby Hardwicke » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:32 pm

Out of interest I recently picked up this postcard, allegedly of "Old Wicker Passenger Station". Is that Sheffield Bridgehouses? The postcard does not look modern.

20200220_114816.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

Noel

Re: Sheffield Bridgehouses

Postby Noel » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:54 pm

Hardwicke wrote:Out of interest I recently picked up this postcard, allegedly of "Old Wicker Passenger Station". Is that Sheffield Bridgehouses?

Wicker was built by a component company of the Midland, the nearby Bridgehouses by a component company of the Great Central. https://spellerweb.net/rhindex/UKRH/Midland/Wicker.html
Regards
Noel

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:27 pm

Thanks,
Far grander than I imagined. A station for my Jenny Lind !
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:20 pm

Now making a Sheffield Wicker with Spital Hill Tunnel and linking it to Bridgehouses....

Return to “Railway Buildings”