English Goods Sheds

Inside the fence.
philip-griffiths

English Goods Sheds

Postby philip-griffiths » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:26 pm

When searching for information on LNWR Wooden buildings I found this interesting publication by Historic England.

https://content.historicengland.org.uk/ ... house.pdf/

regards

Philip

DaveHarris

Re: English Goods Sheds

Postby DaveHarris » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:53 pm

Can I just say 'be careful'! Copying a complete document is a breach of copyright, and page 6 of the document says that no part may be reproduced without the owners permission.
Its easy to do in this electronic age, but can still lead one into a costly legal action

dal-t

Postby dal-t » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:22 pm

The publication is posted on Historic England's website, and their terms and conditions allow reproduction by an individual for personal use. If you prefer to obtain your very own perfectly legal pre-printed 'hard copy' it is available from H.E.'s on-line bookshop for £14.99 in paperback. I found it a fascinating volume, and the internal shots of cranes and hoists were particularly useful for a diorama I was building some time ago. I was pointed at the book by an e-mail flyer, which I think may well have originated from H.E themselves, although it might just have been from one of the 'line' societies I follow. Given the purpose of Historic England - name just a minor giveaway (and I'll declare an interest here, since a family member used to work for them) - is to foster public interest in the country's history, particularly its built estate, they are not likely to get too difficult about people sharing and discussing the information they publish.
David L-T

DaveHarris

Postby DaveHarris » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:25 pm

Thanks to Quentin and dal-t for the clarification in this instance. I am aware that the law of copyright can be complicated for the unwary and was just seeking to ensure that none of us fell foul of it.

Return to “Railway Buildings”