Painswick Road Crossing

Inside the fence.
dcockling

Painswick Road Crossing

Postby dcockling » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:03 pm

Scalefour News 188 featured an article by Tim Maddocks on 'The Buildings of Callow Lane' which included a picture of the Painswick Road Crossing on the ex-MR Tuffley Loop line in Gloucester. Although not a native of Gloucester I was aware of the line but was rather surprised at the name of the crossing. I live in Painswick Road and didn't think that the line crossed Painswick Road. A quick look on Google confirmed that and although it was indeed called Painswick Road Crossing, the road crossed was actually Tredworth Road, some distance away from here.

I spoke to Tim about this at Wells and said that next time I was at the site of the old crossing I would take a few pictures of how it looks from the same spot today.

box.jpg

DSCF01.jpg

DSCF02.jpg

DSCF03.jpg

Painswick Crossing.jpg

DSCF04.jpg

DSCF05.jpg

For anyone interested in more details of the former Gloucester Eastgate Station and the Tuffley Loop or Painswick Road Crossing there's plenty to be found by Googling for it.

All the Best
Danny
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Captain Kernow

Re: Painswick Road Crossing

Postby Captain Kernow » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:00 pm

Interesting photos, thanks Danny.

A huge opportunity lost for rail travel to and from Gloucester when BR closed that piece of line.
Tim M
Member of the Devon Riviera Area Group.

Return to “Railway Buildings”