Toller Porcorum

Inside the fence.
jayell

Toller Porcorum

Postby jayell » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:30 pm

I had been searching for on-line pictures of the Bridport Branch and found a link to several on flickr. I then remembered I had a yahoo registration so have put a group of pictures taken recently at Toller on my new flickr page, they can be found here if anyone is interested:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97328817@N ... 022417681/

Tim V

Re: Toller Porcorum

Postby Tim V » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:13 pm

I was last there in 1976 - I barely see anything recognisable from then.
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

jayell

Postby jayell » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:29 pm

I think it has deteriorated a lot over the last two years judging by other pictures I have seen. I need to go back soon to get more measurements/pictures and will hope the 'jungle' isn't any thicker.when I do go.

Tim V

Postby Tim V » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:20 pm

Should have gone in the winter! I'd wait till later in the year when the plants have died back.
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

jayell

Postby jayell » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:55 pm

for what it is worth I have set up a shorter link to my flickr page, it is

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jayell81/

perhaps I will wait until the undergrowth has died down before making my next trip as I will need an assistant to hold the other end of my 66' tape and my wife wasn't too happy at negotiating brambles and the like.

I think I read somewhere that demolishing the bridge because of its poor condition has been considered so perhaps shouldn't leave it too long.

DougN

Postby DougN » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:30 am

johnlewis wrote:
perhaps I will wait until the undergrowth has died down before making my next trip as I will need an assistant to hold the other end of my 66' tape and my wife wasn't too happy at negotiating brambles

Is that because you gave her the intelligent end? I always seem to be given the dumb end at work. :D
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

Return to “Railway Buildings”