Southern platform furniture

Inside the fence.
Tim Hale

Southern platform furniture

Postby Tim Hale » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:58 am

RT Models have begun to release a few items from the Albert Goodall range but I was wondering if there other Southern platform and trackside furniture that could be considered. Dart Casting still offer the stretcher cabinets and Roxey offer the sand bins but who offers the large boxes with the sloping lid that used to such a common feature at many station (I have no idea of the actual purpose) or a nice wall-mounted luggage label rack* - there was one on every station in the Bournemouth area. Other particular favourites were the Golden Retriever RSPCA collecting box and the 'stamp your name' machine.

Having just procured a resin casting set, I need to source some images of the above items so that I can produce small quantities to share with others - not a commercial venture but certainly self-help.

Tim

*Lots of little pigeon-holes, their contents appears on EBay.

David B

Re: Southern platform furniture

Postby David B » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:07 am

Southwark Bridge Models has things like LSWR/SR seats, hand and luggage barrows & bicycles. There is also a kit of the footbridge at Wadhurst.

David

Tim Hale

Postby Tim Hale » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:27 am

But not the items mentioned in the OP

David B

Postby David B » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:11 am

Tim Hale wrote: . . . but I was wondering if there other Southern platform and trackside furniture that could be considered.

Sorry I offered!

Tim Hale

Postby Tim Hale » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:48 pm

davidb wrote:
Tim Hale wrote: . . . but I was wondering if there other Southern platform and trackside furniture that could be considered.

Sorry I offered!

Forgiven

Tim

Return to “Railway Buildings”