Bristol Barrow Road - Patriot 45506

barrowroad

Bristol Barrow Road - Patriot 45506

Postby barrowroad » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:30 pm

I thought it about time to update progress on my layout. At the start of this video you can see a 4F 44569 in the banker siding. This model has a Bill Bedford Chassis and Brassmasters body and was painted by Morgan Gilbert and weathered by David Clarke. Thanks chaps.
The latest addition to the buildings is the Mess/Office structure in front of Day's Road Bridge which has an interesting set of steps leading up to the bridge. In the background is the wall at the back of the shed/workshop which formed the boundary with the two large gasometers at the rear of the shed.
Converted Bachmann Patriot 45506 is heading the northbound Devonian, made up of 11 Bachmann Mk1's,past the shed.

Serjt-Dave

Re: Bristol Barrow Road - Patriot 45506

Postby Serjt-Dave » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:42 pm

Excellent. Dead jealous.

Dave

Dave Holt

Postby Dave Holt » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:17 am

Robin,
Another beautifully running conversion and impressive haulage capability. It does make one wonder if it's worth the effort of kit or scratch built chassis when converted RTR is that good.
Nice to see some further progress with the layout scenics.
Dave.

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:46 am

Looking good Robin, I have a Patriot to do and yes it's surprising what a rtr loco can haul once you get rid of the orrible shiney wheels, my Jubilee can walk away with 30 coaches and probably more, bog standard Bachmann model with Gibson wheels. Coaches are free running though, many people fill there rtr locos with lead but don't bother making sure the rolling stock is good to go, mechanical cruelty I call it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lZgnIybjac

Cheers,
Dave.

barrowroad

Postby barrowroad » Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:10 pm

My Patriot has been in the paint-shop for weathering by David Clarke - many thanks David - so here is a video of it hauling 'The Devonian' up the start of Fishponds bank.
[youtube][/youtube]

Just noticed I have managed to chip the paint on one of the wheels which I need to sort out.

Robin

Return to “barrowroad”