Components for RC

David Catton

Components for RC

Postby David Catton » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:31 pm

Hi,

I've put together a spreadsheet with outline details of some of the items I have bought so far. I could add the sources from which I bought these items and the prices I paid. If this proves of interest, hopefully others could contribute additional information.

If it's no use to anyone else, I can, of course, delete it.

HTH,

David C
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jon price

Re: Components for RC

Postby jon price » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:37 pm

Definitely of interest. I have never yet found a single source with everything gathered together and if this is developed it might well move me from a watcher to trying it out.
Connah's Quay Workshop threads: viewforum.php?f=125

Ian@Exton

Postby Ian@Exton » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:17 am

Hello Dave

I agree - definitely of interest. Having all the information in one place would make it easier for those who are contemplating having a go. Understanding the likely cost, and availability of places to source the materials, would be very helpful.

Ian

JackBlack

Postby JackBlack » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:18 am

This is great David, thank you. When I get some time over the weekend I'll add some of my own stuff.

I will also start a thread about batteries as this is an area that deserves it's own topic.

jon price wrote:Definitely of interest. I have never yet found a single source with everything gathered together and if this is developed it might well move me from a watcher to trying it out.

Jon I think we are edging towards this...

Thanks, Nick

Nick Allport
CLAG

David Catton

Postby David Catton » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:38 pm

As there may be some interest in my spreadsheet, I have done a bit more work on it by adding links where the items listed may be purchased and their prices.

I haven't bought all of these items but my spreadsheet is my guide to where I might get them in due course. One or two (e.g. the receiver) are currently OOS at the recommended supplier and some on in transit from the Far East. I must also add a WARNING is that none of the items comes with my recommendation as to their usefulness but I hope they might offer an indication of price and availability to anyone interested.

If anyone has experience of these (or other relevant) products, perhaps they could amend or extend the spreadsheet and even add a COMMENTS column with the results of their activities?

David C
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JackBlack

Postby JackBlack » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:40 am

David is it possible that we can change this to a Google sheet? They work exactly like Excel but shareable and accessible and there'll only be one version. We can make open via link and it means that everyone can see it and add to it. I only have Excel on my work laptop.

This could be a very useful resource if we maintain it.

Cheers, Nick

Nick Allport
CLAG

JackBlack

Postby JackBlack » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:57 pm

Discussed with David and recreated the Excel as a Google Sheet:

Components for Radio Control

Works the same as Excel but is online and shareable, and other people can add/edit.

Thanks, Nick

Nick Allport
CLAG

Return to “Radio Control”