Happy Chappies

Serjt-Dave

Happy Chappies

Postby Serjt-Dave » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:23 am

Hi All. Here are some loco crews waiting to book on duty. As you can see I've not done figures before and especially using Acrylics. The problem I had was during this hot spell of weather we've had with the paint was drying too fast, which made blending and mixing colours neigh on impossible. So I had to result in either getting up early or staying up late to paint them when it was cooler in me shed. These guys will be crewing a couple of Jinty's {Bagnall's, just in case John P is watching} which I've just finished.
Happy Chappies.jpg

And before anyone says "wheres his shovel". I put it in a safe place and when I can remember where that safe place is he can have it back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dal-t

Re: Happy Chappies

Postby dal-t » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:32 am

A fine set of shovellors and steerers, if I may say so. What paints did you use? I've been doing a bit of dabbling with Xtracrylics and have been surprised that they're behaving better than Humbrol enamels in the little local chaleur we're having over here at the moment.
David L-T

Serjt-Dave

Re: Happy Chappies

Postby Serjt-Dave » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:52 am

Thanks David. I used a mixture and mainly Army Painters War Paint and Vallejo. I used a mixing agent to mix them and when they started to go off I used water to rejuvenate them. But too much water tends to wash out the colour. You can use a retarder to slow down the paints drying time. A friend of mine was based in Cyprus and could only paint during the winter months. I'm still getting use to acrylics but will keep trying with them. I don't think I could bring myself to paint an entire loco yet but time will tell.

Dave

Return to “Serjt-Dave”