scaleforum you tube test run

Jeremy Suter

Re: scaleforum you tube test run

Postby Jeremy Suter » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:02 pm

Le Corbusier wrote:
Jeremy Suter wrote:The computer said I had become disconnected I think the main problem is the distance from the modem so it might be worth moving the modem on the phone line in the workshop on the day

Are you using wifi or ethernet to connect? If wifi might be worth while getting a repeater? Others will know more, but I find a 5GHZ repeater vastly improves things where distance is concerned ... you can also connect directly in to the repeater using ethernet for increased stability. ... usual caveats apply as am very much an amateur in the field :?

Hi Tim
I am using the wifi I will have a look at getting the repeater. My wife is upstairs using the wifi as well for work and doing a lot of zoom type meetings she might also be sitting in the way of the signal if that makes any difference.
Tips and tricks in machine tool practice viewtopic.php?f=132&t=6350

petermeyer

Postby petermeyer » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:07 pm

It might be worth pointing out to the unexperienced that "live chat" is via text. There are other video apps popular at the moment such as Teams where you can chat verbally.

Will L

Postby Will L » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:22 pm

I had to log in to my Google account to then on to You Tube, then find Jeremy's posts and and chose the live streaming. Then it worked OK, if a bit pixelated, probably because his wife Pat was upstairs doing a days work over Zoom or similar.

Jeremy Suter

Postby Jeremy Suter » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:30 pm

I think the problems are all down to connection so will either get a repeater of move the modem into the workshop for the day
Tips and tricks in machine tool practice viewtopic.php?f=132&t=6350

trustytrev

Postby trustytrev » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:08 pm

Hello Jeremy,
If the "boss" is also using your broadband elsewhere the pixelation is more likely to be insufficient capacity of your broadband.
Regards
Trevor. :)

Return to “Jeremy Suter”