Where will this lead......

RobM

Re: Where will this lead......

Postby RobM » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:39 pm

The wrong transfers came off quite easily and did not damage the paint work. Still have to buy the correct ones.

Since the last post I have built the High Level Hawthorne Leslie 0-6-0ST. I messed up the coupling rods, there was a very slight tight spot which I thought I could rectify by opening up the coupling rods, this made other problems so need to recheck the quartering and crank pins.
So whilst I wait for Chris to do me another set of rods I have started on the upshaft based upon photographs and drawings from 'Modelling Aspects of the Coal Industry'

upshaft1.jpg

It is made up from Evergreen strip, 'H', 'I', channel section and sheet. The sheaves were from a spare set of etchings that I received with the downshaft. The stairs and railings were from my own etches.

upshaft2.jpg

This will sit at the back of the layout.
(The railings have since been straightened.....nothing like a photo to show up discrepancies!!)

Rob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Allan Goodwillie

Postby Allan Goodwillie » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:45 am

Hi Rob, :D

this is all looking good. I believe you are going to Scalefour SW this year with your layout. Hope you have a lovely time down there, unfortunately I will not be down this year, but it is always a great show and very friendly. Good luck and I hope you have a successful show.

Allan :)

RobM

Postby RobM » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:18 am

Thanks Allan. Looking forward to S4 SW. Still got to get the layout from the spare room to set up in the garage for cleaning and checking but the temperature difference is quite significant and I don't want buckled rails! Anyway, son in law now booked for Saturday, weather forecast for Sunday and Monday set for 27 degrees.......oh to be back at Dunnet Bay where we had 17 degrees a few weeks ago!
Perhaps catch up at Scaleforum
Rob

Allan Goodwillie

Postby Allan Goodwillie » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:30 am

HI Rob, :D

Will do. We are coming down with our starters group stand and one or two experimental bits and pieces. I have not been contributing much on the forum recently as we have had the family over from the States. I note from Tim's thread there has been a fair bit of discussion about the effects of heat on layouts, which I am working my way through at the moment and hope to contribute to when I get time. Hope it is not too hot for exhibiting, just a pleasant weekend for everyone.

Le Corbusier

Postby Le Corbusier » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:12 pm

Allan Goodwillie wrote:HI Rob, :D

I note from Tim's thread there has been a fair bit of discussion about the effects of heat on layouts, which I am working my way through at the moment and hope to contribute to when I get time. Hope it is not too hot for exhibiting, just a pleasant weekend for everyone.

Colin's thread I think :thumb
Tim Lee

Return to “RobM”