North Elmham NNAG Layout

DougN

Re: North Elmham NNAG Layout

Postby DougN » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:54 am

Thanks Tim,

I really enjoyed the trip around the layout. I love the way the layout is comming together.

The laser cutting of the boards really has produced something special. The flowing curves you have produced to follow the trackwork/ edge of the world has moved Baseboard design away from the square horizon and corners!
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

bécasse

Postby bécasse » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:18 am

DougN wrote:Thanks Tim,

I really enjoyed the trip around the layout. I love the way the layout is comming together.

The laser cutting of the boards really has produced something special. The flowing curves you have produced to follow the trackwork/ edge of the world has moved Baseboard design away from the square horizon and corners!

Err? This was Bembridge, effectively the first ever P4 layout on the exhibition circuit fifty years ago, and I doubt very much whether we were the first users of flowing curved boards to follow the prototype. And there were no laser cutters in those days!

bembridgeplan.jpg

BembridgeCentralHall1974 2.jpg

photo: British Rail
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tim Horn

Postby Tim Horn » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:50 am

DougN wrote:Thanks Tim,

Thank you Doug,

It’s one way of achieving a good looking layout. As David has shown above, it’s not the only way! We hand cut and built Calcutta Sidings too, way before I got some laser cutters. It’s swings and roundabouts though, some bits being more difficult to achieve if you’re using the laser, whilst other bits by hand are a pain. I enjoy both ways.

Cheers,
Tim

jim s-w

Postby jim s-w » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:05 pm

Tim Horn wrote:I enjoy both ways.

Cheers,
Tim

I dont think any of us enjoyed cutting the curved boards for the fiddleyard on the hottest day of the year though! :? :?
Jim Smith-Wright

http://www.p4newstreet.com

Over thinking often leads to under doing!

Tim Horn

Postby Tim Horn » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:31 am

We had a great time this weekend with North Elmham at Scaleforum, thanks to everyone involved in the show for making it an enjoyable weekend.

Thanks to Jim and Mark T for providing some extra stock for the weekend and having a play, it's nice to see the efforts of our group paying off with an enjoyable layout to operate. It should be finished by the next time it goes out! :) Thanks to all that stopped by and said hello and chatted to us.

Cheers,
Tim

North Elmham TJH01 24th September 20222 Scalefourm.jpg

North Elmham TJH02 24th September 20222 Scalefourm.jpg

North Elmham TJH03 24th September 20222 Scalefourm.jpg

North Elmham Jims truck TJH04 24th September 20222 Scalefourm.jpg

North Elmham P4 TJH07 14th September 2022.jpg

North Elmham P4 TJH04 14th September 2022.jpg

North Elmham P4 TJH06 14th September 2022.jpg

North Elmham P4 TJH01 14th September 2022.jpg

North Elmham P4 TJH08 14th September 2022.jpg

North Elmham P4 TJH02 14th September 2022.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “North Norfolk”