New Area Group

Lord Colnago

New Area Group

Postby Lord Colnago » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:10 pm

Last Wednesday evening, eight members met at the Crown PH, at Banningham with a view to setting up a new North Norfolk Area Group. There proved to be quite a variety of interests amongst us, including members working in other scales and gauges. We decided that we would keep things on an informal basis for now and see where that takes us. With 4 other members interested but unable to attend on the evening, we have a healthy start up number and I hope things will progress over time and that the group will go from strength to strength.

If you live in the North Norfolk area and are interested in joining us, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Some of us are hoping to make it over to the Southwold show in early August for our first foray into the big wide world. Updates will undoubtedly follow.
The second best priest

kelham

Re: New Area Group

Postby kelham » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:44 am

...and we had Morris dancers to 'entertain' us. Despite that it was a good and useful evening.

Richard

RichardS

Postby RichardS » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:29 am

kelham wrote:...and we had Morris dancers to 'entertain' us. Despite that it was a good and useful evening.
Richard

I'm sure Kemp's Men would be equally mystified by the formation posturing of diverse finescale railway modellers at the birth of a new area group. :-D

As Richard says it was an interesting evening. Thanks to Chairman John for kickstarting the process.

ken kirk

Postby ken kirk » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:42 pm

On behalf of a relatively new(ish) Group, we wish you every success.
Ken Kirk,
Nottm AG

Tim Horn

Postby Tim Horn » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:14 pm

John and I had a few hours today laying the first pieces of track on the test track here at my unit at Fakenham. This will be available to members as well.

It was good to see various gauges other than P4 in the group, certainly seems to be quite a bit of experience too. Looking forward to the next meeting.

Cheers
Tim

Test Track TJH001 Tim Horn 2017.jpg

Test Track TJH01 Tim Horn 2017.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lord Colnago

Postby Lord Colnago » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:12 pm

Thanks for the good wishes Ken. We seem to be off to a good start. Just got to keep it up now!
The second best priest

Return to “North Norfolk”