Frank Allen Radio Control?

jon price

Frank Allen Radio Control?

Postby jon price » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:10 pm

I've encountered occasional references to radio control fitted in 009 vehicles by Frank Allen, but can't find any direct links to discussions of this. Anybody know anything about this system, or have links to discussions of it?
Connah's Quay Workshop threads: viewforum.php?f=125

ralphrobertson

Re: Frank Allen Radio Control?

Postby ralphrobertson » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:51 pm

Frank posts on RMWeb and on NGRM-Online forums as 'fallen'. I do have contact with him from time to time, he is in our club.

Ralph

decauville1126

Re: Frank Allen Radio Control?

Postby decauville1126 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:55 pm

I copied slavishly his method for doing a 009 Narrow Planet Baguley diesel body kit on Kato chassis. It works beautifully as intended, with what to me was a bonus of incredible slow running - far slower than I can drive a full-size hydraulic loco without stall. I use Deltang rc stuff with confidence also in 16mm scale.

In 4mm scale its really a case of what battery capacity you can get into your chosen vehicle, but I've been amazed recently with mobile phone batteries. And the Deltang stuff is far cheaper than some of the 'other' systems out there. It's a bit of a learning curve, very steep in my case. A good recommended supplier is Micron Radio Control - Andy Rutter there is very helpful.

Return to “Radio Control”