Raspberry Pi

John Bateson

Raspberry Pi

Postby John Bateson » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:50 am

Has anybody got any thoughts on how useful this device might be on our systems, rather than an expensive laptop?
John
Slaving away still on GCR stuff ...

Alan Turner

Re: Raspberry Pi

Postby Alan Turner » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:41 am

I suspect there are a lot of us who are trying to get our hands on one to see if JIMRI can be made to work and communicate with CBUS.

regards

Alan

nigelcliffe

Postby nigelcliffe » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:56 am

Alan Turner wrote:I suspect there are a lot of us who are trying to get our hands on one to see if JIMRI can be made to work and communicate with CBUS.

JMRI will require some ARM processor support adding into the code. So, just taking the JMRI code won't work, even the stuff from the development servers.
The good news is that one of the JMRI development team has been working on this for a different ARM based board for a while, and hopes to make it work with the Raspberry PI once he has one.

- Nigel

Matt Harris

Postby Matt Harris » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:21 pm

nigelcliffe wrote:The good news is that one of the JMRI development team has been working on this for a different ARM based board for a while, and hopes to make it work with the Raspberry PI once he has one.

As Nigel said, I've recently added the necessary libraries to allow at least basic connections to be made on ARM based boards. These should work with the RaspberryPi Debian image (indeed, my DreamPlug runs Debian Linux).

With luck, I'll be getting my hands on a RaspberryPi soon - Farnell took my money several weeks ago (here in Belgium, it was only possible to pay via bank transfer on launch day).

Best regards,

Matt H
Matt H

Return to “Control Concepts”