Models of signal instruments

nberrington

Models of signal instruments

Postby nberrington » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:14 am

Greetings all.
Does anyone know of a source for reproductions of/ or large scale models of block
Instruments? Specifically a Preece two position block instrument and switch handle.

Regards

NeilB

Tim V

Re: Models of signal instruments

Postby Tim V » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:31 pm

No.

However, scratchbuilding instruments is not difficult. Peter Denny made double track instruments for the Buckingham Branch, I've built EKT machines for example.

I've looked through my library, but can't find a picture of the instrument. However, needles can be represented by volt meters or ammeters. Or you could replace the needles with lights. Some fairly simple circuits will run this arrangement.
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

Rod Cameron

Postby Rod Cameron » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:20 pm

Do you need a drawing of one? There's a front elevation (don't know what scale it is, although ISTR they were about 15-18 in high) in my BR(S) 'Regulations for Train Signalling'.

I used to have one of these, also a Tyer's instrument and a BR standard 3-position, I think they're all on preserved lines somewhere now (better place for them really).
Rod

dcockling

Postby dcockling » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:38 pm

Mike Norris has posted regarding his developments here. Hopefully there will be further updates as he progresses.

All the Best
Danny

Return to “Control Concepts”