Finishing what i've started; Two highland Engines

Paulhb

Finishing what i've started; Two highland Engines

Postby Paulhb » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:14 pm

It's been a while but a few more things that were started a while ago have been gradually moving along.

Highland Railway Loch Class which will be 127, Loch Garry. Started a few years ago but then stalled whilst I tried to get an American pick up system to work. I have now moved on to wiper pick ups on the drivers and tender wheels and although the tender ones have still to be connected the engine does now move. Some time was spent working through and eliminating a number of shorts. Still a number of things to finish off.

The model is from a Lochgorm kit.

IMG_0677.jpg

Highland Railway Stroudley Tank that will be 57, Lochgorm. This is from a Dean Sidings resin body with most of the white metal fittings replaced. The chassis is a Branchlines Terrier chassis, shortened with a High Level gearbox. Still need to do some work on the coupling rods and wheels.

IMG_0687.jpg

As a quick interlude I have also completed two further wagons from Bill Bedford. A second Highland Timber wagon and a Fish wagon. More time was spent cleaning away flash from the detail parts than actually putting them together! I did replace the buffers on the fish wagon with castings from Wizard.

IMG_0690.jpg

Regards

Paul Bannerman
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tim V

Re: Finishing what i've started; Two highland Engines

Postby Tim V » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:51 pm

Genesis of an article there Paul....
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

Mark Tatlow

Postby Mark Tatlow » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:40 pm

Cracking Paul.............must get my loch finished; and get some of the Bill Bedford wagons built and, and, and, and................
Mark Tatlow

Paulhb

Postby Paulhb » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:29 pm

A couple of pictures of Loch Garry now completed apart from a trip to the paint shop.

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Paulhb

Postby Paulhb » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:59 pm

Hello,

No real progress but both engines were given opportunity to stretch their legs on Robin Gay’s Rolvenden Kent & East Sussex layout over the weekend at the Fareham show. There were some weight distribution issues with the Loch which restricted what it could pull. More weight needed over the drivers and somehow I managed to get the loco passing weight to the tender rather than the other way round! Apart from that happy with how they ran.

Have attached a couple of pictures including the Lochgorm tank next to Robins suburb K&ESR Terrier.

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

Regards

Paul Bannerman

Return to “Paulhb”